Common Plumbing Issues Solved Common Plumbing Issues Solved

About Me

Common Plumbing Issues Solved

Hi, my name is Clint Hastings and I've written this blog as a source of information about plumbing problems. I like to fix things around the house and through the years, I've learned a lot about plumbing systems and how they work. It wasn't always by choice, but when you wake up to a bathtub full of sewage or your kitchen sink won't drain, you've got to do something to fix the problem. All through my blog, you'll learn about common plumbing problems, troubleshooting tips and how to make simple repairs to get your water running again. Since running water is something that's used every day, I think it's important to know how to fix minor plumbing issues. Not every plumbing issue is simple to fix, so I'll also let you know when it's time to put down the wrench and call a professional plumber.



Why Do You Need A Flood Elevation Certificate?

If you are thinking about purchasing a home in a flood zone, there are a lot of things that you have to consider. It is definitely risky to purchase a home that is located in a flood zone, but you may find that it's worth it because you like the home and location or because you're able to get a great deal on the property. If you do choose to purchase a home in a flood zone, you should probably get a flood elevation certificate for these reasons.

Your Lender Might Require It

When buying a property in a flood zone, you might find that there are a few extra hoops that you have to jump through to secure financing. For example, you might be required to have a flood elevation certificate that you can turn over to your lender. If you're unsure, you can ask the banker who is helping you with your mortgage about whether or not this is required.

You Might Need it to Purchase Flood Insurance

It is a good idea for any homeowner to purchase flood insurance since you never know what might happen. However, if you live in an area where flooding is more common, then it's actually very important for you to purchase flood insurance. If you have a federally regulated or insured mortgage, then you will be required to purchase flood insurance. Plus, you and your family are at a significant risk of losing everything in a flood if you don't have flood insurance.

Depending on the insurance company that you purchase your flood insurance from, you might be required to have a flood elevation certificate. This is because many companies use these certificates to calculate rates for flood insurance. You can streamline the process of buying the flood insurance that you and your family need by having this certificate. 

You May Need it When Selling the Property

If you choose to sell the property later on, you might find that it will be a bit difficult to do so. After all, it can sometimes be harder to sell a property that is located in a flood zone. However, you can make it a little bit easier to find a potential buyer by already having a flood elevation certificate on file, so this is yet another reason why you'll probably want to get one of these certificates if you are buying or if you already own a property in a flood zone.