The industrial plumbing that runs your business is a lot more than just a sink and toilet. Employees spends a majority of hours in the business and there is a lot you can do to provide your employees with extra conveniences and benefits. By adding a few upgrades, you can enhance the employee experience, help conserve energy, and improve the flow of your business.
The following five upgrades can be installed and fitted by a professional plumber. Many times, the upgrades can be installed over old equipment so the business is not impacted while the industrial plumbing is installed.
Water Fountains & Refill Stations
Employees that bring plastic water bottles to work are causing more waste in the office when water can be supplied directly to them. A water fountain offers access to cold and fresh water, along with the ability to fill up bottles.
New and upgraded fountains feature advanced refill stations. Instead of leaning a bottle and tilting it into the water stream, a refill station features an extra spout that is especially useful for filling up bottles. The stream uses the same fresh and cold water, but the spout can fill bottles faster so employees can get back to work.
Water Treatment Systems
The water that you supply to employees should be trusted, clean, and safe for drinking. With an industrial plumbing evaluation, your water can be tested for cleanliness. Following the treatment, a plumber can install proper systems to ensure that the water is clean and safe.
- Reverse Osmosis System: A reverse osmosis system uses various pressures to remove contaminants from the water. This includes extra salts, bacteria, and particles found in the water.
- Ultraviolet Systems: An ultraviolet water system uses specialized lighting to clean and disinfect water before it reaches any type of spout.
- Water Softener: If your business is in a location known for hard water, a water softening system can help eliminate minerals and excess calcium from the water.
Instant Hot Water Spouts
Providing instant hot water spouts in an employee break room can serve many benefits. The spouts create hot water instantly without the extra wait.
- Lunch Breaks: Instant hot water can help employees make oatmeal, instant soups, or other instant meals quickly. This allows them extra time to enjoy the lunch break.
- Hot Tea & Drinks: Hot drinks can be served quickly with access to the water. This is especially helpful during the winter months.
- Emergencies: Access to hot water can help remove stains from clothes during an emergency situation like a food spill. This can help employees present themselves fully clean at important meetings.
Tankless Water Heaters
Another way to access instant hot water throughout the business is with tankless water heaters. Traditional water heaters have to fill with water and get heated before the hot temperatures can be access. With a tankless water heater, you can conserve energy by supplied the hot water only when it's needed.
This will cut down on the energy use in the office and also increase productivity with a little less time waiting for the hot water.
Bathroom Sensor Upgrades
An illness can quickly spread through a business if items are contaminated and germs are spread. To help keep indirect contact down, a number of sensors can be upgraded in the office bathroom. This can help employees access all elements in the bathroom without touching anything.
- Door Sensors: Doors can open automatically for employees to gain entry. A key card entry can also provide access to the bathroom.
- Automatic Flush: Toilets can flush automatically when an employee walks out of a stall.
- Sink & Towel Sensors: Sensors can be added to the sink and paper towel dispenser for easy access. An air blower can also be installed to provide ways to dry hands without wasting paper.
When choosing these upgrades, you can budget to include them all at once or work on a single project at a time. It's a good idea to communicate with employees about the different upgrades that they seek.